How to Write Thesis Statement
As many of us don’t know how to write and what to write thesis statement and the importance of writing thesis statement in our term papers, research papers etc. we normally ignore this part, while writing thesis statement is very important for a reader .so today lets discuss about what is it basically and how to write this part. For those who even don’t know what thesis statement is, so students be comfortable and feel free to read this here I am going to tell you. After a brief introduction of your topic in your research paper or term paper, you state your point of view on the topic directly and often in one sentence. This sentence is the thesis statement, and it serves as a summary of the argument you’ll make in the rest of your paper. What is the purpose of statement thesis?
• A thesis statement tells the reader how you will interpret the significance of the subject matter under discussion.
• Thesis statement is a road map for the paper; in other words, it tells the reader what to expect from the rest of the paper.
• Directly answers the question asked of you. A thesis is an interpretation of a question or subject, not the subject itself. Makes a claim that others might dispute.
• It is usually a single sentence somewhere in your first paragraph of essay that presents your argument to the reader. The rest of the paper, the body of the research paper, gathers and organizes evidence that will persuade the reader of the logic of your interpretation.
Why we should write thesis statement? Why is is important to write? There are several questions which may arise in your mind. Well I am here to let your minds get clear out of all these questions.
• To test your ideas by distilling them into a sentence or two.
• To better organize and develop your argument.
• To provide your reader with a “guide” to your argument.
Here, I am giving a n example which may clears your mind.
“Advocate for a particular environmental policy that would (likely) lead to a solution to your chosen environmental problem by explaining the basic science of the problem and demonstrating the policy’s ethical integrity and coherence with a worldview. In the course of your argument, you need to argue also why another competing policy is not advisable given the same standards of ethical integrity and worldview coherence.
Example Topic: Global Warming’s effect on the poor in South America.
Thesis: In addressing the problem of global warming’s effect on the poor in South America, Adaptation Strategies are preferable to Mitigation Strategies not only for their higher likelihood of success in alleviating the immediate problem of human suffering, but because they fit well within a Christian worldview and ethic that protects the poor and does not see the present state of the world is sacred in itself. “
Now the question is how can you craft an effective thesis statement? Here, I am going to point out some points in a sequence which should be followed:
Research your topic.
• Choose an approach that interests you
• Narrow the focus of main idea.
• Draft a working thesis statement to guide you as you write the paper; you can refine the language later.
• Create a thesis that will be interesting and enlightening to your audience.
• Keep your thesis statement visible as you work.
• Organize the body of your paper so that topic sentences support the thesis.
• When a first draft is complete, revises your thesis statement to make it as sharp, specific, and focused as possible. Choose vivid language and active verbs.
• See “The Writing Process: Drafting” and “The Research Paper” for more ideas and advice on creating an effective thesis statement.
So these were some useful tips for crafting an effective thesis statement. I hope you have understood this. As, it was written in very simple way for your convenience. The main purpose for discussing this is only to clear the concept of thesis statement and make it more clear to every student who are going to do their research paper. Remember, we have hired experienced writers to write research papers and term papers for you. They can write custom papers on any topic you want.